24 oktober 2010

Swenglish

Dear English readers,

or more to say non-Swedish readers. I´ve decided to no more translate my blog posts into English for some reasons which are: it takes a lot of time to translate and do a small summary, even though it doesn´t seem to do it. And I want to avoid translating something in sort of a rip off-way, just for to have it in English.

I´m sorry, because I know there are some few readers here that like to have an English translation, but maybe I´ll in the future start translate into English again.

When talking about writing in English, the biggest reason for why I´ve kept on doing this is because writing in another language gives you a bigger perspective of how to express oneself better in the writing process (even if if´t just a simple blog post). And sometimes I´ve found the English translation being more appealing than the Swedish one. The text grows more when letting different languages interact.

Haruki Murakami, the very famous and brilliant Japaneese author, once said in an interview that when he was about to write a book he first started to write it in English, to later on translate it into his native language - Japanese, as he thinks his texts grow and become new outgrowths. Heavy job indeed but still worth it, if there´s any time.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar